Breast Care Center
Comprehensive Breast Care Program
Our comprehensive breast care program includes a Breast Nurse Navigator to guide you through the entire process, from breast biopsy to survivorship care program, and state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging certified by the American College of Radiology.
Advanced 3D Mammography at the River Forest Breast Care Center
The River Forest Breast Care Center offers the latest breast screening digital technology with our Genius® 3D Mammography™ exam from Hologic.
The Genius® 3D Mammography™ exam:
- Provides the highest resolution imaging ever, with the lowest radiation exposure
- Has SmartCurve Breast Stabilization System, the most accurate and comfortable mammogram available
- Finds 20-65% more invasive breast cancers
- Is the only exam FDA-approved as superior for women with dense breasts
- Reduces by 40% the likelihood women will have to return for additional screening
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 10 a.m.-4.p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturdays: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Diagnostic Mammograms & Breast Ultrasounds:
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
DEXA Scan (densitometry – bone density testing):
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 9 a.m.-4:40 p.m.
West Suburban Medical Center and The Breast Care Center at the River Forest Medical Campus have partnered with A Silver Lining Foundation to offer no-cost-to-you screening mammograms and diagnostic testing to women or men who meet the Foundation’s requirements.*
Visit asilverliningfoundation.org to learn more about A Silver Lining Foundation’s programs.
*Women or men who are uninsured or underinsured must register with A Silver Lining Foundation in order to access breast-health testing, including screening and diagnostic testing when indicated, at the River Forest Medical Center.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (708) 488-2300.
Mammography Film Request Form
 Compared to 2D alone; FDA submissions P080003, P080003/S001, P080003/S004, P080003/S005 ; Friedewald SM, Rafferty EA, Rose SL, et al. Breast cancer screening using tomosynthesis in combination with digital mammography. JAMA. 2014 Jun 25;311(24):2499-507. Bernardi D, Macaskill P, Pellegrini M, et. al. Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis (3D mammography) with acquired or synthetic 2D
All of our services are performed by compassionate caregivers in a friendly, comfortable environment.
420 William Street,
River Forest, IL 60305 River Forrest Medical Campus