It’s our goal to create an exceptional experience when you visit West Suburban Medical Center. Below, you’ll find useful information about your upcoming visit, including visitation rights, what to expect during your visit, and more.
If you have any questions about your visit, we’re just a phone call away. Contact us at (708) 383-6200, and we’ll do our best to answer all your questions.
Currently, visitor restrictions are in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s important to know about our hospital visitor policy before your visit. Please review West Suburban Medical Center’s hospital visitor policy below:
- Patients may choose who may and may not visit during their hospital stay.
- Patients may withdraw or deny permission for visitation at any time.
- Patients (or their support person) may limit the privileges of visitors, including providing for more limited visiting for some visitors than others.
- Clinical reasons may limit the number of visitors at the bedside at one time.
Reasons for Limiting Visitation
Visitation may be limited by the hospital due to the following potential reasons:
- Need for rest or privacy
- Behavioral Health protocols requiring restricted visitation
- Clinical interventions, therapy or procedures where the health care provider believes limited visitation is best
- Risk of infection
- Extraordinary protections because of a pandemic or infectious disease outbreak
- Substance abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation
- A court order limiting or restraining contact
- Threatening or disruptive behavior directed at you or hospital staff
The above limitations are mandated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Clinical necessity may warrant the need for caregivers to limit the number of visitors at any one time.
Please call (708) 383-6200 for more information.
Coronavirus Visitor Restrictions
Your health and well-being are our priority.
Learn about our visitor restrictions in place to protect our patients and the community during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.