Experience Expert Service
When it comes to your medication, you want the right medication and dosages at a reasonable cost. In addition to our hospital pharmacy, we have two other pharmacies to serve our patients and visitors.
Our Pharmacy Services at West Suburban Medical Center go above and beyond to ensure that’s exactly what you get. Along with this important function, our pharmacy team has expertise performing many aspects of clinical service as well as operational functions. Pharmacy Services at West Suburban Medical Center is located on the first floor of the hospital, past elevator C.
The Plaza Pharmacy is located on the first floor near the main entrance. The Plaza Pharmacy fills discharge prescriptions, employee prescriptions, and prescriptions for the general public. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Cancer Center Pharmacy
The Cancer Center Pharmacy is located at the River Forest Campus and provides pharmacy services to our Cancer Center as well as outpatient prescription services for Cancer Center patients and employees. The telephone number at the Cancer Center is (708) 763-2734.
Pharmacy Clinical Service and Operations
Clinical Service for West Suburban Medical Center Department of Pharmacy includes:
- Drug utilization
- Providing patients with the proper medication and dosage at the right time
- Drug therapy selection and review screening for allergies, drug/drug interaction, and food/drug interaction
- Pharmacy and therapeutic committee reviews drug therapy, drug information, formulary service, and antidote information
- Provides an educational program for patients and hospital staff, and continuing education for pharmacy staff
- Allows free medications for eligible patients through patient assistance programs from major drug companies and privately funded programs
Operational functions for West Suburban Medical Center Department of Pharmacy include:
- Drug procurement and contracting and purchasing for special drug orders such as chemotherapy drugs
- Drug packaging to decrease waste and ease use
- Unit-dose drug distribution to prevent error
- A drug preparation that includes IV admixture and special compounding
- Administrative compliance with state and federal law and with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the Federal Drug Administration, the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Pharmacy Practice Act
- Quality assurance, including unit inspections for drug safety, tracking of medication errors and adverse drug reactions, and participation in the FDA’s MedWatch program
Contact us for your pharmacy needs.
3 Erie Court,
Oak Park, IL 60302 West Suburban Medical Center
7420 W. Central Avenue
River Forest, IL 60305 River Forest Medical Campus