What to Expect
Prepare for Your Visit
When you come to West Suburban Medical Center for your visit, be sure to bring with you:
- Your Social Security Number
- Insurance information including:
○ Your insurance card OR
○ Insurance company name, complete mailing address, policy group number, and your personal ID number.
○ Referral form if your insurance requires it.
○ Medicare or Medicaid card if you are covered by it.
- Cash, check, or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express). You may need to pay for services not covered by insurance.
- Records. If your visit is for a second opinion or on referral, you may need to bring medical records, X-rays, results from lab tests, pathology slides, or other materials. Before you visit, ask your doctor if they have already sent these to West Suburban Medical Center.
- Advance directive. Please bring your Advance directive (living will and/or durable power of attorney for healthcare) if you have one.
For Longer Stays
During your stay, you’ll be interacting with a number of staff members working to ensure your safe care. These practitioners include doctors, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, radiology and laboratory technicians, transporters, nutritionists and food service, and environmental service staff—but your nurse will be the person you interact with most frequently.
A member of the clinical team will be in to check on you at least every hour, if not more often during your stay. Get the most out of your visit and be a partner in your care by speaking up! Don’t be afraid to ask questions and voice your concerns at any time.
We are here for you.
3 Erie Court,
Oak Park, IL 60302 West Suburban Medical Center