What to Expect
Whether you are coming to West Suburban Medical Center for an appointment or for a longer stay, we strive to provide you with a wealth of information and an excellent experience. Patient satisfaction important to us, and we want you to know what you can expect when you visit West Suburban Medical Center.
Prepare for Your Visit
When you come to Weiss for your visit, be sure to bring with you:
- Your Social Security Number
- Insurance information including:
- Your insurance card OR
- Insurance company name, complete mailing address, policy group number and your personal ID number.
- Referral form if your insurance requires it.
- Medicare or Medicaid card if you are covered by it.
- Cash, check or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). You may need to pay for services not covered by insurance.
- Records. If your visit is for a second opinion or on referral, you may need to bring medical records, X-rays, results from lab tests, pathology slides or other materials. Before you visit, ask your doctor if they have already sent these to Weiss.
- Advance directive. Please bring your Advance directive (living will and/or durable power of attorney for healthcare) if you have one.
For Longer Stays
If you’ll be staying for longer than an appointment, we suggest you review our patient checklist of what you should and should not bring.
During your stay, you’ll be interacting with a number of staff members working to ensure your safe care. These practitioners include doctors, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, radiology and laboratory technicians, transporters, nutritionists and food service and environmental service staff—but your nurse will be the person you interact with most frequently. During your stay, a member of the clinical team will be in to check on you at least every hour, if not more often. Get the most out of your visit and be a partner in your care by speaking up! Don’t be afraid to ask questions and voice your concerns at any time.