It’s important that you’re able to receive the care you need, when you need it. That’s why West Suburban Medical Center offers Senior Transportation. Our wheelchair-accessible transportation is offered for patients within designated borders who have no other means of transportation to West Suburban or our satellite locations for tests, treatments or office appointments.
North: Addison Street
South: Cermak Road
West: 9th Avenue
East: Pulaski Road
Schedule a Ride
For more information or to schedule a ride, call toll-free (708) 763-RIDE (7433)at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment.
Hours of Operation
Senior Transportation is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.; 24-hour advanced registration is required.
The cost to use Senior Transportation is $2 each way. Patients are asked to pay the driver in cash as they board the van.
To Be Eligible
In order to use Senior Transportation:
- You must be ambulatory or, if wheelchair bound, you must be wheelchair independent.
- If you are oxygen dependent, you may ride if you are able to self-administer your oxygen, and if your units can be strapped or tied to ensure passenger safety.
- You must be age 60 or older.
- You must require travel within the designated boundaries.
West Suburban offers transportation to and from:
- West Suburban Medical Center, 3 Erie Court, Oak Park
- River Forest Medical Campus, 7411 W. Lake Street, River Forest
- Cancer Center, 7420 W. Central Avenue, River Forest
- Breast Center, 420 William Street, River Forest
- Advanced Imaging Center, 420 William Street, River Forest