Heart & Vascular Care
West Suburban Medical Center’s cardiovascular program delivers expert cardiac care. Our heart care team includes highly experienced, board-certified cardiologists, interventional cardiologists and electrophysiologists.
Cardiologists specialize in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases and conditions of the cardiovascular system which consists of the heart and blood vessels.
Interventional cardiologists use specialized imaging and diagnostic techniques to evaluate blood flow and pressure in the arteries and heart. They perform advanced invasive procedures, such as angioplasty and stenting to open narrowed or blocked blood vessels that supply blood to the heart.
Electrophysiologists receive specialized training on the heart’s electrical system, treating arrhythmias and irregular heartbeats, such as when the heart beats too quickly (tachycardia) and too slowly (bradycardia).
West Suburban Cardiology offers qualified patients a leadless pacemaker, the smallest implantable pacemaker in the world. A leadless pacemaker does not require connecting leads (wires), generator, or a surgical pocket on the chest. The leadless pacemaker procedure typically takes less time than a traditional pacemaker implant, and because there are no wires or generator, recovery time is faster.
West Suburban Medical Center’s heart care team is exceptionally skilled in many innovative procedures, supported by advanced procedure rooms and 3-D imaging. Led by Medical Director Solomon Sager, M.D., our heart team claims an excellent record of positive patient recovery. Additionally, our minimally-invasive surgical options offer many patients much faster recovery times.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
West Suburban Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a heart condition, such as high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, angina or atherosclerosis, getting quality care from an accredited hospital close to home is essential to your ongoing heart health.
West Suburban Medical Center offers innovative care delivered by heart specialists who work together to treat various heart conditions. We offer:
- A range of treatment options delivered by our experienced cardiology team, including minimally invasive surgery, procedures, and techniques to promote faster recovery times.
- Advanced procedural rooms offering both surgical and 3-D imaging capabilities.
- A high volume of success in the treatment of peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and coronary artery disease (CAD).
- State of the art cardiac catheterization lab that is able to perform all cardiac and vascular studies with improved imaging and less radiation delivered to patient and staff.
- Coronary computed tomography angiogram (CTA) for precise imaging.
- STEMI (ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction) program for rapid identification and treatment of heart attacks.
- Private patient rooms for advanced comfort.
Primary Stroke Center
West Suburban Medical Center has achieved Primary Stroke Center certification. Offered in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association achieving Primary Stroke Center (PSC) Certification means we’re making exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes. It’s a signal to our community the quality of care we provide meets the unique and specialized needs of stroke patients.