Why Choose Us?
Find Out What Makes Us Different
Find out more about ways we can help you lose weight and improve your overall health. The Chicago Center for Bariatric Surgery & Medical Weight Loss at West Suburban Medical Center provides patients suffering from morbid obesity with the treatment options and support they need to lose excess weight and keep it off.
Awards & Distinctions
Blue Distinction® Center
The Center for Bariatric Surgery and Medical Weight Loss at West Suburban Medical Center is designated as a Blue Distinction® Center for Bariatric Surgery. Our bariatric team delivers high-quality, safe, and cost-effective care.
Our Bariatric Center has also achieved accreditation by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®). A bariatric surgical center achieves accreditation following a rigorous review process during which it demonstrates that it provides safe, high-quality care for bariatric surgical patients.
Our program meets the highest standards for safety, care, and results. We are here to offer you:
- The confidence that comes from working with recognized experts. Our surgeon and medical director, Dr. Frederick M. Tiesenga, has performed more than 1,000 bariatric surgery procedures.
- Access to a multidisciplinary team of experts. Our staff includes board-certified surgeons and physicians, as well as a bariatric coordinator, clinical psychologist, and registered dietitian.
- The safety and support of a full-service hospital. Your surgery will be performed in one of West Suburban Medical Center’s state-of-the-art surgical suites, with an array of specialists and advanced technology close at hand. Plus, our staff is trained to handle the most challenging and complex situations.
- A record of excellence. Our bariatric program has a track record of providing excellent outcomes and outstanding patient care.
- A simple, streamlined process. Our team guides you through each step of the process, from online seminar registration to postoperative care and follow-up for life.
- Equipment that accommodates larger patients. Our facility has furniture and equipment that is comfortable for patients.
- Long-term support and follow-up. Our caring staff gives you the support and encouragement you need to succeed.
Want to Learn More?
Attend a FREE Weight Loss Surgery Information Session.
7411 Lake Street,
Building A, Suite 2100
River Forest, IL 60305 River Forest Medical Campus