Bariatric Education & Support
Bariatric Surgery & Medical Weight Loss Education & Support
Find the support and information you need with our BMI calculator tool, helpful links, tips, and support groups.
- Discuss all exercises with your doctor. You will want to exercise as soon as possible, but don’t rush into exercising against your doctor’s advice.
- Commit to making a daily exercise program part of your new lifestyle after bariatric surgery.
- Walk, walk, walk during the initial recovery period. On day one of hospital discharge, walk one block.
- Avoid abdominal exercises until they have been approved by your doctor, usually at least four to six weeks after surgery.
- Lift weights after your Doctor has informed you that your wounds are sufficiently healed. Gastric Bypass patients are at a greater risk for osteoporosis. Weight-bearing exercise is a great way to battle bone loss.
- Enroll in a water aerobics class after your doctor has released you to be in water. Swimming really works the abdominal muscles, so delay actually doing that until you have received the go-ahead from your physician.
Want to Learn More?
Attend a FREE Weight Loss Surgery Information Session.
7411 Lake Street,
Building A, Suite 2100
River Forest, IL 60305 River Forest Medical Campus