Meet the Internal Medicine Residency Team
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at West Suburban Medical Center is designed to help you become an excellent physician. As a resident, you will work closely with university-trained faculty and dedicated support staff. Together, you’ll provide superior care to our patients while you learn and grow in your field.
Our Unique Program Features
- Exceptional training in both Primary Care and Subspecialty Internal Medicine.
- Ideally located in the historic suburb of Oak Park, Illinois with lively restaurants, cultural attractions, and just minutes from downtown Chicago affording the best of city and suburban living.
- One-on-one teaching for many rotations.
- Opportunities to do hands-on procedures.
- Emphasis on bedside teaching.
- Diverse patient population.
- A comprehensive career development program, with attention to CVs, job placement, and fellowship pursuits.
- Friendly residents and faculty who work hard, but enjoy life outside residency.
- Resident autonomy commensurate with experience.
- Academic Half Day to provide residents with a dedicated and protected time for our didactic curriculum.
- Practical skills for “real-world” medicine.
- Access to Simulation Lab at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Competitive salary and benefits, which includes paid membership in American College of Physicians, subscription to Annals of Internal Medicine, MKSAP, generous CME money and time, and meal stipends for overnight call.
- Focus on high-value care.
- Lecture series for professional development with goal of becoming a well-rounded physician (Resident 360°)
- Participation in regional and national conferences (i.e. ACP).
- Structured research program with statistical support and the guidance of attending physicians and a dedicated statistician.