What to Bring/What NOT to Bring
Being properly prepared for a longer stay at West Suburban Medical Center is key to having a positive experience. Here is a quick checklist for what to bring for your hospital stay:
- Personal toiletries, bathrobe, slippers or socks.
- Any medications you usually take. Be sure to write your name on the containers and inform your nurse.
- Your glasses, dentures, hearing aid, etc.
- Any instructions your doctor may have provided.
- Cash to purchase a debit phone card for long distance calls (local calls are free).
What Should Be Left at Home?
- Jewelry (including wedding ring) or other valuables. West Suburban is not responsible for personal items.
- Large amounts of money (but you may want a few dollars with you for a magazine, snack or phone card).
- Hair dryer, electric shaver, radio or other electrical appliances.
Call (708) 383-6200
for more information.