Medical Records Department
Medical Records Hours & Contact Information
Hours of Operation: 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, closed weekends and holidays.
- Main Number: (708) 763-6550
- Fax Number: (708) 383-3863
- Release of Information Number: (708) 763-2808
- Birth Certificate Number: (708) 763-2686
Official birth/death certificates can be obtained through the Cook County Clerk or the Illinois Department of Vital Records. Use these links to access their websites, find their locations, or get a phone number.
Accessing Medical Records
Please review the options below to access your medical records:
- You can view your medical record using the Patient Portal.
- Send us a message.
- Complete this form: English PDF or Spanish PDF.
River Forest Medical Campus Imaging Results/CDs
For Mammography Records call (708) 763-2792
For X-ray, MRI, CT and Ultrasound call (708) 763-4728
We ask that patients allow 48 hours for records requests. They can be picked up or mailed to the designated address on the completed and signed request for records form.
Release of Medical Records
Medical records are private. In order to release your records to another person or organization, please print and complete the Authorization for Release of Medical Record Information:
Please bring the form to West Suburban’s Medical Records Department, or fax the completed form to (708) 763-3834.
If you have questions or need additional information please call the Release of Information Specialist at (708) 763-2808.
To obtain copies of your radiology/imaging films on CD contact the radiology/imaging department. Additional information can be obtained by calling the Release of Information Specialist at (708) -763-2808.
Please note that due to COVID -19 restrictions you will be requested to remain in the hospital’s main lobby and the Release of Information Specialist will come to the lobby.
Who can Authorize Release of My Medical Records?
- Your legally authorized representative (they will need legal document as proof)
- The parent of a patient under 18
- For a deceased person, authorizers include:
- Person assigned Power of Attorney for Health Care, with copy of death certificate and legal POA for Health Care document as proof.
- Executor of the estate, with copy of death certificate and legal executorship document as proof.
- Next of Kin, with notarized Small Estate Affidavit (available from Records Department).
Records will be mailed to the address specified on your request form. If you would prefer to make arrangements to pick up your records in person, call the Release of Information Specialist at (708) 763-2808. For security reasons, you will be asked to provide a state or federally issued photo I.D.
Please note that due to COVID-19 restrictions you will be requested to remain in the hospital’s main lobby and the Release of Information Specialist will come to the lobby.
How Much Does it Cost for Copies of My Health Information?
There is no fee for medical record requests sent directly to a physician or healthcare facility for continuing care purposes.
There are fees associated with obtaining paper or electronic copies of your medical records. Allowable fees are governed by state and federal laws. This information can be found on the State of Illinois Comptroller’s website or obtained by contacting the Release of Information Specialist at (708) 763- 2808.