West Suburban Medical Center's Shuttle Service
West Suburban Medical Center is making available curb-to-curb transportation services to individuals who are receiving outpatient services either at West Suburban Medical Center, the outpatient departments located in the West Suburban Professional Office Building (POB), or outpatient services at the River Forest Medical Campus. Outpatient services provided at PCC Lake Street Family Health Center and PCC Austin Family Health Center are also accepted. This program is operated without distinction of gender, medical condition, race, insurance or financial status.
The transportation program DOES NOT include transport for dialysis services in the POB, Senior Center programming, or private physician visits.
The purpose of the West Suburban Medical Center Transportation Program is to provide greater access to medical care for individuals living in the hospital’s primary service area.
- Age Requirement: Participants must be adults and must be utilizing an outpatient service at West Suburban Medical Center, the outpatient departments located in the West Suburban Medical Center Professional Office Building, or the outpatient services at the River Forest campus. Outpatient services provided at PCC Lake Street Family Health Center and PCC Austin Family Health Center are also accepted.
- Boundaries: Irving Park Road (North), Roosevelt Road (South), 9th Ave (West), Pulaski Road (East)
- Hours and Days: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays.
- Phone Number: Participants will need to call (708) 763-7433 (RIDE). Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Cost: There will be a $2 charge each way paid to the driver of the transportation vehicle.
- Transportation Vehicle: The vehicle used will be a service car or a wheelchair accessible vehicle depending upon the participant’s needs. West Suburban Medical Center contracts with a transportation company to provide the transportation. None of the vehicles used in the transportation program are owned or leased by West Suburban Medical Center. None of the drivers of the vehicles are employed by West Suburban Medical Center.
- Point of Origin: The point of origin must be the participant’s primary residence, the residence of the primary caregiver, an independent living facility if such is the primary residence.
- Destinations: West Suburban Medical Center, West Suburban Medical Center Professional Office Building, River Forest Medical Campus, PCC Lake Street Family Health Center, and PCC Austin Family Health Center.
- Limits of service: Participants of the transportation services must be able to enter and exit the vehicle on their own or with the aid of a companion. The service is curb-to curb service and neither the driver of the vehicle nor any West Suburban Medical Center employee will assist the individual to and into the vehicle or exiting the vehicle and taking to the individual’s door.
- Family/Caregiver: The West Suburban Medical Center Transportation program is available to immediate family members or caregivers of an eligible participant provided that the Family member/Caregiver is actually accompanying the eligible participant.
- The individual desiring transportation services will call 708-763-7433 to schedule their ride.
- The Transportation call center staff (currently employees of Med Ex) must determine whether the individual meets the program guidelines:
- 18+ years of age
- Utilizing outpatient service at West Suburban Medical Center, the West Suburban Medical Center Professional Office Building, the River Forest Medical Campus, PCC Lake Street Family Health Center, or PCC Austin Family Health Center.
- Within the transportation boundaries above
- There is at least 48 hours advance notice.
- Within the hours and days of service
- The transportation call center staff will schedule the appointment. Time of pick-up should be at least one hour prior to hospital appointment.
- The transportation service retains the name, address, phone number, and all other information collected.
- On a weekly basis, the transportation provides a report to West Suburban Medical Center of the number of trips that have been made.
- If an individual has made transportation appointments for delivery to and from the hospital, the Professional Office building or the River Forest campus, two PCC offices, then when their appointment has been completed, the patient, front desk or security personnel, will call the transportation service to inform the driver that the individual is ready to be picked up for the return trip.