If you’re looking for a modern hospital setting where you can care for patients of all levels of complexity, then West Suburban Medical Center is for you. The Internal Medicine Residency Program at West Suburban has been training physicians since 1981. Our residents have gone on to become ambulatory based primary care internists, hospitalists, and various subspecialists.
West Suburban Medical Center offers residents experience in modern facilities, including a new Emergency Department, cardiac catheterization facilities and large endoscopy suite, among other resources. Along with the use of our excellent facilities, as a resident you’ll be able to provide care for a diverse patient population, allowing greater preparation when moving ahead with your career.
We believe in safety, excellence, respect, integrity, accountability and innovation. If these values are important to you, we’re excited to share the unique features of our Internal Medicine Residency with you.
What's New With Our Program?
- Adherence to ACGME Duty Hours requirements with the addition of Night Float
- Comprehensive mentoring program
- Teaching at the bedside on a regular basis
- The "Morning Huddle"
- Enhanced continuity clinics on subspecialty rotations
- Procedural Skills Workshops
- Computerized Physician Order Entry
- Immediate radiologic imaging via PACS
- Wound Care Center
- Improved Patient Sign-out, emphasizing safety and transitions of care
- Fully electronic 360 degrees evaluation system, confidential and comprehensive
- Electronic Curriculum, to allow for learning at a resident's convenience
- Focused Board Intervention (FBI) beginning in PGY-1