Internal Medicine Residency Program
The Internal Medicine Residency at West Suburban Medical Center is designed to help you become an excellent physician. As a resident, you’ll work closely in conjunction with university-trained faculty and dedicated support staff. Together, you’ll provide superior care to our patients while you learn and grow in your field.
Our Unique Features
- Exceptional training in both Primary Care and Subspecialty Internal Medicine.
- Our location in beautiful Oak Park, home of Frank Lloyd Wright, and just minutes from downtown Chicago.
- One-on-one teaching on many rotations.
- Opportunities to do hands-on procedures.
- Emphasis on bedside teaching.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- A comprehensive career development program, with attention to CVs, job placement, and fellowship pursuits.
- Diverse patient population.
- Friendly residents and faculty who work hard, but enjoy life outside residency.
- Resident autonomy commensurate with experience.
- Robust educational conference schedule.
- Nationally recognized programs in Pulmonary-Critical Care Medicine, Gastroenterology and Nephrology among others.
- Practical skills for "real-world" medicine.
- Electronic Curriculum, to provide for learning at a resident's convenience.
- Competitive salary and benefits, which includes paid membership in American College of Physicians, subscription to Annals of Internal Medicine, generous CME money and time, and meal stipends for overnight call.
- Focus on high-value care.
- Participation in regional and national conferences (i.e. ACP).
- Structured research program led by residents with the guidance of attending physicians.