If you’re looking for a hospital where you can care for a diverse population of patients of with all levels of complexity, then West Suburban Medical Center is for you. The Internal Medicine Residency Program at West Suburban has been training physicians since 1981. Our residents have gone on to become ambulatory-based primary care internists, hospitalists, and various subspecialists.
West Suburban Medical Center offers residents experience in modern facilities, including a new Emergency Department, cardiac catheterization facilities and large endoscopy suite, among other resources. As a resident you’ll be able to provide care for a diverse patient population, allowing greater preparation after you graduate no matter where you take your career.
We believe in safety, respect, integrity, accountability, and innovation. “High Quality, High Value” is our goal in patient care. If these values are important to you, we’re excited to share the unique features of our Internal Medicine Residency with you.
- Adherence to ACGME Duty Hours requirements
- Curriculum Development Committee that meets monthly specifically to share and develop ideas, promote contemporary methods of teaching, and preparing resident physicians to become clinical educators.
- Attending supervised transitions during sign-out to improve patient sign-out, emphasizing safety and transitions of care
- Procedural Skills Workshops
- Bi-annual Resident Retreats with an emphasis on resilience, wellness, and teamwork
- Newly redesigned geriatrics rotation with a focus on outpatient care, hospice, and palliative care
- Increased financial support for research presentations and publications
- Fully electronic 360-degree evaluation system, confidential and comprehensive
- Focused Board Intervention (FBI) beginning in PGY-1
- Fully integrated electronic medical record system coming in 2020!