It’s important to know about our hospital visitor policy before your visit. Please review West Suburban Medical Center’s hospital visitor policy below:
- Patients may choose who may and may not visit during their hospital stay.
- Patients may withdraw or deny permission for visitation at any time.
- Patients (or their support person) may limit the privileges of visitors, including providing for more limited visiting for some visitors than others.
- Clinical reasons may limit the number of visitors at the bedside at one time.
Reasons for Limiting Visitation
Visitation may be limited by the hospital due to the following potential reasons:
- Need for rest or privacy
- Behavioral Health protocols requiring restricted visitation
- Clinical interventions, therapy or procedures where the health care provider believes limited visitation is best
- Risk of infection
- Extraordinary protections because of a pandemic or infectious disease outbreak
- Substance abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation
- A court order limiting or restraining contact
- Threatening or disruptive behavior directed at you or hospital staff
The above limitations are mandated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Clinical necessity may warrant the need for caregivers to limit the number of visitors at any one time.