Top Hospital Awards & Distinctions
At West Suburban Medical Center, we’re dedicated to providing you with high-quality care. Because of our efforts, we’ve achieved accreditation and recognition for meeting the highest level of healthcare standards in a wide range of programs:
- West Suburban Medical Center achieved straight “A’s” for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group for 2012 – 2018, and was one of only 49 hospitals in the nation, and nine in Illinois, to earn this distinction. Learn more.
- Based on a review of compliance with national standards, clinical guidelines and outcomes of care, The Joint Commission awarded West Suburban Medical Center the Primary Stroke Center Certification.
- West Suburban Medical Center is a certified Chest Pain Center Accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC).
- West Suburban Medical Center is a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission for using stroke care protocols that have been proven as efficient and high quality.
- The Inpatient Oncology Program and the Center for Cancer Care were awarded accreditation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. As one of 1,400 approved cancer programs in the country, our Inpatient Oncology Program and the Center for Cancer Care were recognized as offering the very best in cancer care.
- The Breast Center has earned the Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) designation by the American College of Radiology.
- The Family Practice Residency Program received formal approval from the American Osteopathic Association as an accredited residency program for applicants interested in obtaining a doctor of osteopathy license.
- The main laboratory and the medical oncology laboratory received accreditation from the College of American Pathologists.
- West Suburban Medical Center was fully accredited by the Health Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP).
- West Suburban Medical Center’s Breast Care Center in River Forest was awarded a three-year accreditation in mammography by the American College of Radiology.
- West Suburban Medical Center has been recognized as a “Straight A’s Hospital” by The Leapfrog Group. This distinction places West Suburban in an elite group of only 98 hospitals in the entire nation to have achieved straight A’s in the Hospital Safety Score since the initiative was launched in June of 2012. Click here to read more about this recognition.
- West Suburban Medical Center has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in ultrasound as the result of an extensive review by the American College of Radiology (ACR). The ACR gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety.