Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at West Suburban Medical Center. Below are the requirements for application:
- All applications should be received by December 15th via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Graduates of international medical schools must have a degree from a school listed in the World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools which is approved by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation.
- ECFMG certification (if appropriate) should be current and valid. However, in the case of current year medical students, requirements for ECFMG certificate must be met prior to the start of residency.
- Graduation from medical school should be within the last three years.
- All candidates must be United States citizens or Permanent Residents. We do not sponsor or accept any visas.
- Competitive USMLE or COMLEX scores. USMLE Step 2- CK & CS / COMLEX Level 2-PE Exams should be submitted by January 15th for consideration for a categorical position.
- US clinical experience is required.
A recruitment committee reviews each applicant individually taking into consideration the application as a whole. We will not respond to requests for additional information regarding an applicant's competitiveness such as USMLE scores.