Stipends and Benefits
| ||2011-2012 Stipends ||CME Time ||CME Reimbursement |
|First Year ||$47,336 ||3 days ||$300 |
|Second Year ||$49,752 ||5 days ||$500 |
|Third Year ||$51,885 ||5 days ||$700 |
- Examination - Two paid days to take the USMLE Step 3/COMLEX Level 3
- Training & Certification - Offered during Orientation Week:
Recertification available during Senior Resident years.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Provided in accordance with WSMC Policy
- Extended Illness Bank (EIB) - Provided in accordance with WSMC Policy
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Dental Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Retirement Plan - 401k offered.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health Care Contribution, Dependent Care Contribution
- White Lab Coats - Four (4) white lab coats will be provided to each resident. WSMC will provide laundering of lab coats.
- Business Cards
- Meal Stipends for Call Coverage - An $11.50 meal stipend is provided to residents for each night they are on call at the medical center.
- Parking - Residents are allowed to park free-of-charge in the hospital parking garage.
Questions about our Family Medicine Residency? E-mail us: Program Administration