Joint Center of Excellence
Within West Suburban Medical Center, we have built a special unit featuring spacious private rooms complete with flat screen TVs and Wi-Fi access in a beautiful environment just for the care of our knee and hip replacement patients—The Joint Center of Excellence.
Patients can wear their own clothes, and family members are encouraged to participate in group activities, meals and other special events. Exercise and therapy is also provided in a group setting, so that our patients can support and encourage each other on the road to recovery. New friendships are made, enhancing the healing process.
This special program brings together a team of experienced and expert surgeons with caring and specially trained nurses, therapists and technicians. Our goal is to provide seamless, coordinated care, and get you back to your favorite activities as soon as possible.
The unique experience:
- No hospital gowns. Wear your own clothes.
- Private rooms.
- Family members are encouraged to participate in group activities, meals and other special events.
- Exercise, physical therapy and occupational therapy are provided in group setting.
- Patients support and encourage each other on the road to recovery.
Our comprehensive approach includes:
- Engaging community outreach seminars
- An informative pre-op class for patients and families
- A patient Guidebook
- Daily newsletters while you are in hospital
- Educational wall displays answering the most frequently asked questions
What is the Joint Center of Excellence?
Joint Center of Excellence is a place, a program and a team of exceptional orthopedic surgeons, specially trained nurses, technicians and therapists who deliver outstanding care to individuals choosing to have joint replacement surgery. Each member of Joint Center of Excellence's multidisciplinary team has been selected for his or her exceptional abilities, positive attitude and outstanding motivational skills.
Why the Joint Center of Excellence is a Smart Choice
Joint Center of Excellence gives patients a head start before their surgeries, puts them on the road to successful healing and shorter recovery after their surgeries, and provides a support network extending far into their futures as they move into a vastly improved quality of life.
The Joint Center of Excellence at Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center in west suburban Oak Park is unlike any other joint replacement program because:
- It provides an environment that emphasizes wellness and maximizes recovery efforts through education, a culture of early mobility, family involvement and group interaction.
- It offers the latest minimally invasive and rapid-recovery techniques in hip and knee replacement surgery, including advanced analgesic techniques to decrease post-operative pain and nausea, as well as cosmetic wound-closure techniques.
- It takes a long-term view of the patient experience, offering follow-up calls and class reunions to track patient satisfaction with the process.
What Puts the Joint Center of Excellence at the Head of the Class?
Because we are specialists in innovative minimally invasive joint replacement surgical techniques, our patients have the option to receive the specialized joint replacement care available at West Suburban Medical Center.