Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center offers wheelchair-accessible transportation for patients within designated boundaries who have no other means of transportation to West Suburban and our satellite location for tests, treatments and office appointments.
Hours of Operation
The Courtesy Van is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. 24-hour advanced registration is required.
The cost to ride the West Suburban Courtesy Van is nominal at $2.00 each way. Patients are asked to pay the driver in cash as they board the van.
North: Addison Street
South: Cermak Road
East: 9th Avenue
West: Pulaski Road
Criteria for Eligibility
- Patients must be ambulatory or, if wheelchair bound, they must be wheelchair independent.
- Patients who are oxygen dependent may ride if they are able to self-administer their oxygen, and if their units can be strapped or tied to ensure passenger safety.
- Patients must be 60 and older.
- Patients must travel within the designated boundaries.
West Suburban offers transportation to and from its main campus location:
- Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center, 3 Erie Court, Oak Park
- Vanguard River Forest Medical Campus, 7411 W. Lake Street, River Forest
- Cancer Center, 7420 W. Central Avenue, River Forest
- Breast Center, 420 William Street, River Forest
- Advanced Imaging Center, 420 William Street, River Forest
To Schedule a Ride
For further information or to schedule a ride, please call toll free (855) 711-RIDE (7433) at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment.