The Oncology Program
The Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center Oncology Program seeks to provide guidance, support and compassion at every stage of a patient's journey through diagnosis, treatment and recovery, ensuring quality of care and quality of life. The knowledgeable health care professionals who make up the Oncology team will partner with one another and with individual patients to come up with the best course of action for each person, whether in an inpatient or outpatient setting. With this team-centered approach, we serve our patients, assist their families and care for their caregivers. We believe that our knowledge, experience and commitment truly make a difference.
Whether assessing risks for cancer, performing screenings and examinations or treating patients who have cancer and assisting them on their path to recovery, the Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center oncology team is dedicated to making a difference by providing committed, comprehensive and compassionate care to every individual.
We understand that cancer affects the whole person, including one's emotional life; therefore, we seek to offer care that is not only state-of-the-art, but also sensitive to the needs of our patients. We work hard to make it as easy as possible for our patients to get the care they need.
Every year, hundreds of your neighbors come to Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center and our Cancer Center, located in River Forest, for cancer treatment. We provide a full range of support services and clinical trials as well as diagnostic and treatment services, including biopsies, chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and interventional treatments, to confront a wide range of cancers.
- Breast cancers
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Gynecologic cancers
- Head and Neck malignancies
- Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma and other blood disorders
- Thoracic oncology
The Cancer Center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer (COC). Accreditation of a cancer center is granted only to those facilities that have voluntarily committed to provide the best in cancer diagnosis and treatment and are able to comply with established COC standards. Receiving care at a COC-accredited cancer program hospital or facility ensures that you will receive:
- Comprehensive care including a complete range of state-of-the-art services and equipment.
- A team approach to coordinate the best available treatment options.
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options.
- Access to prevention and early detection programs, cancer education, and support services.
- A cancer registry that offers lifelong patient follow-up.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care.
- Quality care that is close to home.