A range of support services to assist patients and their families:
- Clinical nurse coordinator
- Physical therapy
- Support group meetings
- Fit for the Fight - Combat the side-effects of cancer treatment by making exercise an integral part of your routine. This program is offered every Tuesday and Thursday from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Vanguard Community Center on the River Forest Medical Campus, 7411 West Lake Street in River Forest.
- We’re Movin’ On - This support group meets on the first Tuesday of the month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at The Breast Center All women who have been affected by breast cancer are welcome to gather and lend support to one another and share experiences.
- Look good, feel better® - This free program, developed by the American Cancer Society, teaches beauty techniques to female cancer patients undergoing treatment to help them combat the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
- Reach to Recovery - This national program (through the American Cancer Society) links recently diagnosed women with breast cancer survivors, who either call or visit the women they have been matched with and provide resources, support and suggested post-surgical exercises.
- Wig Boutique - Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center is excited to partner with the American Cancer Society to offer a Wig Boutique in the Community Center on the first floor of Building A on the Vanguard River Forest Medical Campus. Because of this partnership, individuals suffering from hair loss associated with cancer treatments have access to new, free wigs and accessories right within the community they live.
The boutique is currently available by appointment only by calling 800-227-2345.